With Lightspeed Zulu PFX, Lightspeed Aviation has leveraged
cutting edge technology, world-class engineers, and superior customer
knowledge to leapfrog the competition and produce the world's quietest
premium ANR headset for aviators. Lightspeed's proprietary PFX
technology creates a uniquely personal flying experience by actively
conforming to your ears, your environment, and your preferences.
dynamic ANR continuously adapts to your environment, extending the
amount, consistency, and frequency range of noise cancellation. Acoustic response mapping
measures your unique auditory landscape, adapting the audio response to
your ear shape and size for maximum noise attenuation, voice clarity,
and music fidelity. Personal preferences can be set using the enhanced capabilities in FlightLink, the proprietary app developed by Lightspeed.
course, Lightspeed Zulu PFX also includes the award-winning comfort and
advanced features that have made the Zulu family the choice of pilots
around the world - made even better.
The Lightspeed Zulu PFX features:
Technical specifications Lightspeed Zulu PFX:
- Ultimate quiet and clarity - the proprietary innovations and
advanced features in Zulu PFX work in concert to deliver astounding
clarity and the world's quietest headset.
- Comfort - based on the LightComfort design made famous by
Zulu.2, Zulu PFX features soft ear seals, exceptional fit, and a
head-friendly 14 ounces.
- Durability - rugged cables, constructed of silver-coated
copper alloy wrapped around a Kevlar core, deliver extraordinary
flexibility, strength, and audio quality.
- Bluetooth connectivity - not only does Zulu PFX's
full-function Bluetooth connectivity provide enhanced sound quality for
voice, music or compatible audio devices, the FlightLink in-cockpit
recording function is now Bluetooth compatible.
- Enhanced FlightLink capabilities - with Zulu PFX, FlightLink
not only seamlessly captures cockpit communications for instant playback
or later retrieval, it also allows users to set a variety of personal
audio and operational preferences.
- Music fidelity - the Front Row Center feature is enhanced by
advanced digital processing, creating remarkable, concert-class fidelity
and a simulated 360-degree music experience.
- Auto Shutoff - in Zulu PFX, Lightspeed's proprietary Auto
Shutoff feature is enhanced with increased sensitivity and user selected
shut-off delay, saving even more battery life by automatically shutting
down the headset power when not in use.
- Cell phone / music connection - the integrated control box
auxiliary input for connecting a cell phone, music player or other audio
device now has controls for bass, treble, and intercom priority, thanks
to the enhanced capabilities in FlightLink.
- Stereo or mono - match audio panel inputs with a quick switch to stereo or mono using the new, easy-to-access external switch.
- Firmware upgradability - firmware updates are just a download away, giving Zulu PFX unlimited potential to evolve with new software innovations.
- Headphone Impedance: OFF (mono) 200 ohms, ON (mono) 280 ohms, OFF (stereo) 400 ohms, ON (stereo) 560 ohms - all @ 1kHz
- Speaker Frequency Response (active): 20Hz to 20kHz (volume sliders max)
- Microphone Electret: Bias 8-16V (not polarity sensitive), Bias Resistance 220 - 2,200 , Dual Aperture Disc
- Sensitivity Electret: 16 mV - 132 mV across 8-16V, Bias Re 94dB SPL input at 6 mm
- Frequency Response: 200 Hz - 6,000 Hz
- Maximum SPL for Microphone: 110 db
- Power Source: 4 (four) AA batteries, 3 V
- Weight: 14 oz. (397 grams) - including ear seals and mic boom
- Bluetooth Enabled Phone: yes
- Bluetooth Streaming Music: yes
- FlightLink Connection: Bluetooth or wired
- Firmware upgradeability: through Windows and OS X platforms
- Meets or exceeds all listed TSO standards
This Lightspeed Zulu PFX version is: battery powered control unit, straigt cord with standard twin plugs for General Aviation usage
FlightLink compatible: yes, Bluetooth or wired
Zulu PFX (with straight cord, battery case, twin plugs), carrying case,
cellphone/music patch cord, cord clip, CPU mounting hook, four AA
batteries, foam windscreen, quick start guide.